Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 11 February 2011

Cast Key II

Here is latest Hanayama Cast puzzle that I have added to my collection:


This is the Cast Key II, another great two-piece puzzle from Japanese puzzle makers Hanayama. I had to decide whether to buy either the Cast Key or the Cast Key II, but in the end I went for this one for a couple of reasons, but the main reason is that I think it's dark chrome effect looks a lot nicer than the brass effect of the first Cast Key.

This puzzle is not particularly difficult, Hanayama rate it as a level 2 out of 6 which I think is pretty fair, but it is at the lower end of level 2 I reckon. I managed to solve it after a couple of minutes or so. A couple of moves were quite interesting and unusual, especially the final one! And I have enjoyed solving it a few times since.

Once again for the sake of around £10 you really can't go wrong. The Cast Key II is a great little puzzle that you will enjoy handing around to friends and family as even non-puzzlers will really enjoy it as it doesn't look too intimidating with it's two pieces. Plus it really does look nice! I definitely recommend it.

I bought this puzzle from NetGadgets as their price was really good including shipping, but if you are reading from 'across the pond' you can also buy one from Puzzle Master.

Also have a read of Brian's reviews of the Cast Key (I & II) here: LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

No puzzle spoilers please!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...